In the picture is United Defense Mfg Corpís S7-PVAR rifle. With a flick of the gas valve, you can select to operate it as semi-automatic self-loading rifle or as a bolt-action rifle chambered in the time-tested 7.62 x 51mm NATO round and designed to hit point targets up to 800 meters (MER).
The S7 rifle series take after the M110 battle rifle designed by Eugene Stoner. The S7 uses two action designs, the Direct Gas Impingement System (DGIS) and the patented Pneumatic Valve and Rod System (PVAR). The DGIS has a simpler design between the two as it has less parts and uses the hot gases coming from the gas port of the barrel and through a gas tube the hot gases are rammed into the bolt carrier group to cycle the round. The PVAR or Pneumatic Valve and Rod System is a ìbare bones, no frills and very simpleî designed gas and piston operating system that utilizes a combination of gas and mechanical energy for a more effective and reliable cycling of the weapon. The PVAR design prevents hot and high-pressured gases from reaching the bolt assembly and the chamber. This results in a cleaner and reliable operation, as well as minimal maintenance even in the most rugged environments such as jungles, deserts, snow and salt-water conditions. This means reduced cleaning time and overall longer rifle life span. The S7-PVARís simplified parts and mechanism allows reduced recoil and reduced muzzle rise, which enables the sniper to refocus instantly on the target for each and every round fired! The PVAR uses a one piece handguard with a military standard 1913 Picatinny top rail held securely only at the barrel extension which allows the barrel to ìfloatî and preserve barrel harmonics while in battery. This allows for greater accuracy and consistency. As designed, the barrel does not touch any part of the entire length of the handguard except at the barrel extension. For both the DGIS and PVAR, the barrel comes in different lengths: 18, 20, 22, 24 and 25 inches. For special orders, UDMC can also produce the M110-CSASS or the ìcompact SASSî with a retractable buttstock and sound suppressor with a barrel length of 14.5 inches. The non-glare, matte finish of the stainless steel barrel is also an alternative to the standard chrome moly vanadium in black manganese finish. The two-stage trigger is as crisp as it can be.
- Precision Rifle
Country of Origin:
- U.S.A. for the M110 (S7-DGIS) and Philippines for the S7-PVAR
- Launched in January 2014 for the S7-PVAR
- 2013 for the S7-PVAR
- United Defense Mfg Corp, Philippines
- PVAR gas and piston, rotating bolt head, Letters of Patent Nos. 1-2009-000176 and 1-2011-000062, Philippines or the DGIS, conventional direct gas impingement system
- Monolithic one piece with a solid punch key for the PVAR and two piece with gas key for the DGIS
- 7.62 x 51mm NATO
- Non-Glare, matte stainless steel bull barrel, AISI-416 Premium or the black parkerized 4150 ordnance grade.
- Choice of 14.5, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24 and 25 inches
- 1 x 12 twist or 1 x 10 twist
- Approximately 2,600 ft/sec
Maximum Effective Range (20-inch barrel):
- 800 meters (point target) and 1,000 meters (area target)
- Maximum 1.0 Minute of Angle (MOA) using a match grade ammunition at 100 meters, at bench rest.
- Two-stage match grade
- Choice of SHURIKEN flash hider (Letter of Patent No. 1-2013-000230, Philippines) or any type of tactical compensator.
- Around 7.5 kg for the PVAR, inclusive of the floating Picatinny rail handguard, scope, bipod and a loaded 20-round detachable box magazine. Weight will be less depending on barrel length and type of scope. 5.5 kg to 6.5 kg for the DGIS as it uses a polymer handguard.
- 44 inches (22-inch barrel)
Rate of Fire:
- Semi-automatic or Bolt Action. (Note: However, when ìMade-to-Orderî, we can also produce the F7 battle rifle series which is the full automatic version for use by the Spotter in tandem with the Sniper who uses the Semi-Automatic/ Bolt Action version.)
- 10 or 20-round detachable magazine