We had been asked, time and again, by U.S. residents if they can buy UDMC firearms and ship (export) it to them to the U.S. Here is the link below in answer to that question. Moreover, once the Import Permit is approved on the U.S. side, we will need to apply for an Export Permit on the Philippine side.



Requirements for importing new or antique firearms/ammunition

Do I need a federal firearm permit to buy a gun/ammunition overseas and bring it into the U.S.?

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives(ATF) regulates the importation of firearms. They require all imports of firearms to be imported by a registered firearm dealer. This includes firearms that are new, used or inherited.See antique requirements below. 

If you wish to purchase a firearm overseas, you will need to make arrangements with a dealer to handle the importation. A request to import a firearm or ammunition must be made onATF's Form 6 or ATF Form 6 Part II (For use by Members of the United States Armed Forces). It takes 4-6 weeks for ATF to process this form and return it to the dealer.

An unlicensed person may obtain a permit to import sporting ammunition (excluding armor-piercing, tracer, or incendiary ammunition) and firearm parts (other than frames, receivers, firearm barrels, or barreled actions) without engaging the services of a Federal Firearms License (FFL), provided the items are for personal use and not for resale. Generally, ATF cannot issue a permit authorizing the importation of firearms barrels for nonsporting or surplus military firearms.

If you have not made arrangements with a dealer to import a firearm or ammunition on your behalf before you purchase one, (i.e. you buy it on the spur of the moment during a trip abroad and return to the U.S. with it in your possession), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) will detain the weapon/ammo for 30 days, during which time you should try to make arrangements for a registered dealer to handle the importation for you.

If ATF is unable to expedite the paperwork and your firearm is not claimed within 30 days, it could be transferred to a general order warehouse and you will have to pay the storage fees. After 60 days of transfer to the warehouse, it will be destroyed.

If the firearm you intend to import is an antique and was manufactured in or before 1898, you or the dealer if you choose to use one does not have to submit the Form 6 to ATF, however you must be able to prove to CBP that it was manufactured during that period. If you ship the antique be sure the package includes the required documention.  CBP will accept a certificate of authenticity or bill of sale with the year the firearm was manufactured as proof of age. If the firearm was manufactured after 1898, the dealer has to submit the Form 6 to ATF for approval to import the firearm.

If the firearm is at least 100 years old or more and you can provide proof of age, the firearm will be eligible for duty-free treatment under the antique provision in the Harmonized Tariff Schedule.

For more information on antique firearms see ATF Web site.

You can obtain duty rates for firearms that are not antique inchapter 93 of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule .

To obtain ATF regulations on imports of firearms, you should reference the "Federal Firearms Regulations Reference Guide". You can contact the ATF Distribution Office to obtain a copy at (301) 583-4696.  Please visit the ATF Web site for a guide to information about importing firearms, ammunition, and implements of war.